CHIMERA™ is finally here!
What is a CHIMERA™?
Compared to competing products, this hologram has much better technical performance: a much wider field of view (120° in all directions), a much higher resolution (up to 250 µm/hogel).
Because it is printed on our exclusive full-color holographic material Ultimate™, recorded images are BRIGHT, TRANSPARENT, with SATURATED COLORS and easily visible.
4 International IHMA AWARDS
"BEST NEW TECHNOLOGY"-
CHIMERA™ is finally here!
What is a CHIMERA™? A CHIMERA™ is the new generation of digital holograms that everyone hopes for.
What is new? Compared to competing products, a CHIMERA™ hologram has much better technical performance: a much wider field of view (120° in all directions) and a much higher resolution (up to 250 µm/hogel). Because it is printed on our exclusive full-color holographic material Ultimate™, recorded images are: BRIGHT, TRANSPARENT with SATURATED COLORS and easily visible.
Read OSA article here
Create one now! Buy one now!
3 channel horizontal 30x40 cm CHIMERA™ made from scans of real objects
How is a CHIMERA™ made?
The data comes from a 3D capture of a real object, or 3D software (such as 3DSmax) for computer-generated objects.
This data is used to calculate a hologram that is then printed pixel by pixel (called "hogels") using RGB lasers on our proprietary printer and holographic recording material (Ultimate U04).
What kind of hologram is a CHIMERA™?
A CHIMERA™ is a white light reflection hologram, which can be:
• half or full-parallax
• multichannel (vertical or horizontal)
• with source light at 45° or 0°
• mosaic (arbitrarily large tiled hologram)
PROCEDURE to get your own CHIMERA™
To print a CHIMERA™ you first need to create the 3D data for the scene,
which can be real (analog) or virtual (digital) .
1) CHIMERA™ from real object
* HALF-PARALLAX (Horizontal-Parallax-Only): DOWNLOAD the instruction file here
768 max. and 192 min. images -points of view of the scene- should be recorded on a 120° arc of circle, by rotating a videocam (like below), or keeping the camera static and using a rotating turntable base.
3 RULES to follow:
1. The camera's vertical axis of rotation will become the vertical axis of the CHIMERA™ (image plane)
2. Everything in front of this axis will appear "floating" in front of the CHIMERA™ (glass plate)
3. The camera must always face the center of the scene (which will be the center of the CHIMERA™)
Tips for portraiture:
- the axis of rotation should be between the two eyes and at the depth of skin surface/bridge of nose
- the head should be motionless during the capture
- the subject should ignore the relative camera motion
We sell turntables with calibrated speed here.
* FULL-PARALLAX: The same requirements as for half parallax but with several arc circles at different levels of elevation (typically from 48 to 192).
We can scan your scene for you or you can buy our scanner.
2) CHIMERA™ from digital scene: DOWNLOAD the instructions file here and the script for 3DSmax here
You must render the data (images) -for a half or full-parallax CHIMERA- in your 3D modeling software by moving a virtual camera, with the same principles as written above for analogue scenes.
We work with professional partner agencies who can design your scene or render your design. Contact us for more information